Hi, I'm Nick. I am an entrepreneur, and writer/blogger from Germany. I like to travel, try out new things, and learn as much as I can. I have long been interested in food. I started cooking at the tender age of eight (first recipe: hot milk with honey) and have been a vegetarian since 2004. By now I have become a bit of a nerd when it comes to the area of food and nutrition and I'm always looking for ways to eat healthier and better.
A while back I lived in China for a year to learn Mandarin and get to know the Chinese culture. It was during that time that I really fell in love with tea. To this day the taste of jasmine takes me back to the greasy tables of tiny noodle restaurants in Beijing. At the moment I live in Istanbul, Turkey, yet another country where tea is a big part of everyday life and culture. Yet despite having lived in the homelands of tea, I know shamefully little about it. That's why here at Teagora, I have taken up the position of “idiot in residence”. I will be asking and answering all the “dumb” questions about tea to find more about this fascinating beverage. I would invite you to come along for the ride.
If you are interested in learning more about me, you can visit me on my blog where I write about fitness, nutrition, productivity, and learning.
- 6 Great sources of plant-based protein
- Tea and caffeine, what's the buzz?
- How to drink loose leaf tea (without a strainer)
- How often and how long should tea be steeped?
- Green tea and cancer – What the research says
- How to drink Turkish tea
- Tea and athletic performance
- How to grow your own tea plants at home
- Where tea is grown around the world
- How to prepare tea in a çaydanlık (Turkish tea kettle)
- Why I Switched Coffee for Green Tea
- Tea in Turkish culture
- What is bubble tea and does it really deserve its name?
- How to use tea to make your own natural sports drink
- The World Cup – What’s the most consumed tea in the world?
- Snapple and Lipton – is that really tea?
- Oolong Overdose: How Much Tea is Too Much?
- Brew Your Tea Cold
- What exactly is beneficial about green tea?
- 5 crazy things to do with tea (other than drinkin it)